Payment, Insurance, Billing and Financing Options
For your benefit, we accept all insurance plans (with some exceptions) at McDowell Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. Our experienced staff will gladly assist you in obtaining the maximum benefits your plan provides. In addition to insurance benefits, we offer several payment options and accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card.
Contact us at 503-655-4111 with any questions you may have about insurance or financial options. Long-term financing with low-interest rates is also available through local credit unions.
Facilities and Equipment
As a premier Gladstone OR dentist, Dr. McDowell and his staff utilize the latest in technology to enhance the quality and comfort of your dental care.
Digital imaging enables us to see beyond what can generally be detected during a visual exam, allowing us to identify cavities in between your teeth, determine bone level, and analyze the health of your bone. Dr. McDowell can also examine the roots and nerves of teeth, diagnose lesions such as cysts or tumors, and assess damage when trauma occurs.
The frequency regarding x-rays that are taken depends on each patient’s individual needs. With digital imaging, radiation exposure is reduced by as much as 85% when compared to traditional methods. Digital imaging also provides patient images that can be quickly and easily transferred to specialists or insurance companies.
For Your Comfort and Safety
At McDowell Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we understand that coming to the dentist can involve an increase in anxiety. There are many ways that we can help you relax while trusting us with your care. Amenities we provide for your comfort include:
- Warm Neck Wrap – relax your shoulders and decrease tension with a supportive and comforting neck pillow
- Blankets – relax and snuggle up under one of our fleece blankets.
- Water Cooler – hydrate with a cup of water before and after your appointment.
- Infection Control – the infection controls that we use at McDowell Family and Cosmetic Dentistry protect both staff and patients.
- Medications – oral sedatives are used when needed to help decrease anxiety. If these are taken, you will need a driver to provide transportation to and from your appointment.